Swim the Past
Sproat Lake Provincial Park - Sunday, July 8, 2018 7:00am - 8:30am.
Schedule of Events
Sunday, July 8, 2018
- On line registration in advance of the event is encouraged. Day of event registrations are not guaranteed to be available and/or have the same level of SWAG included.
- Registration opens at 7:00am at Sproat Lake Provincial Park
- There will be a drop tent with a volunteer to watch over your stuff while you are swimming.
- The race starts are all back to back
- The Smolt race starts at 9:00am
- The Sprint Race starts at around 9:15 or when all the kids are in.
- The Challenge/Iconic races will start around 9:30am based on the number of other Sprint Swimmers in the water.
- Challenge and Iconic swimmers you will swim outbound with the buoys on your left and in with them on your right (out left, in right)
- You must wear the swim cap provided by the race, if you wish to wear 2 caps the race one must be on the out side.
- Iconic racers you will do one lap, exit the water run over the timing mat then render the water for a second lap.
- The paddle boards and kayaks are there for your safety if you need help please wave to them.
- If you exit the race via the shore line you must return to the start/finish and report to the race director.
- Awards and Medal Ceremony will be held on the beach after the race.
- Prize ceremony will be held at approximately 11:00am once all swimmers have exited the water.
Make sure to check the Facebook page for the latest updates.