run the train - CANADA DAY - JULY 1, 2018
Train Station - 3100 Kingsway Ave, Port Alberni
- Sunday, July 1, 2018 7:00am - 9:00am
Schedule of Events
Sunday, July 1, 2018
- Registration will open at 7:00am at the Train Station.
- Iconic Run (Marathon) starts at 8:00am from the Train Station.
- The Marathon route will include pavement and trails and will not include any level of road closures. Run will start at the Train Station and end at the McLean Mill National Historic Site. The route will take you first to the McLean Mill National Historic Site ~ 10.5 km. From there you'll head up to Stamp River Provincial Park which is a stunning setting. You'll want to stop and watch the fish! You'll arrive there at about the 29 km mark. You'll then hit some challenging trails for a total of less than 2km as you go up then down then back up in order to weave your way back out to Beaver Creek Road. You'll love this little trail but....be careful! From this point it's back down Beaver Creek winding through a few residential areas until you return back to the McLean Mill National Historic Site. This is an awesome run but as always please be careful as all road will remain open to regular traffic.
- Smolts kids race will be at 9:00am
- Smolts also get a FREE Train Pass included with their registration.
- Half Marathon and 10km runners your race starts at 10:00 so you will be able to watch you kids race before you do!
- Half Marathon runners will go by the McLean Mill then head over to Beaver Creek where they'll turn left and then wind their way back through some nice residential areas until they return to the Mclean Mill National Historic Site.
- All runners will be treated to many events at the McLean Mill National Historic Site including FREE Burger/Fries for all! * Of age of course!
- Tours of the site included as well as music, car show and other events.
- This will be a STEAM-UP Weekend thus expect to marvel at the many historical Steam Products.
- All registrants will receive a Transportation Pass for the return trip to Port Alberni.
- Buses will begin return trips starting at 12:00nn and run hourly through to 4:00pm
- The train with a capacity of ~ 185 will leave at 1:00pm and again at 4:00pm.
- Prizes and ceremony will begin at 1:00pm
Make sure to check the Facebook page for the latest updates.