Train Station - 3100 Kingsway Ave, Port Alberni
- Friday June 30th 12:00 noon to 6:00pm
- Saturday July 1st 7:30am to 10:00am
- Sunday July 2nd 5:30am to 9:00am
Sproat Lake Provincial Park - 9010 Pacific Rim Hwy, Port Alberni
- Monday July 3rd 7:00am to 9:00am
Schedule of Events
Friday June 30th
- Registration pick at the Train Station 12:00 noon to 6:00pm
- The spaghetti dinner courtesy of Boston Pizza will be held at 5:00, 6:00, and 7:00pm it is free to participants and family tickets can be purchased at registration . You will be provided with a choice of seating time per above options.
Saturday July 1st
- Registration will open at 7:30am at the Train Station.
- Iconic Run (Marathon) starts at 8:00am from the Train Station. We had to move the start time because of road closures.
- The Marathon route has also changed to an out and back. The first and last 10km will be on the same route as the half-marathon and the middle 22.2km will be on the log train trail. As of this email the trial was dry and clear. But if we get rain by this weekend there could be some muddy sections. See the attached map for details.
- Marathon runners on the back half of the course there are 2 longer sections (about 6.5km) with no aid stations please be prepared to carry water.
- Smolts kids race will be at 9:00
- Half Marathon and 10km runners your race starts at 10:00 so you will be able to watch you kids race before you do!
- Sprint runners the train is scheduled to leave the mill for the return trip at 11:30am. We also have bus available at 12:00 to take you back to the start if you want to spend more time at the mill.
- Awards and Medal Ceremony will be held at McLean Mill for the 10km race and at the Train Station for the other races.
Monday July 3rd
- Prize ceremony will be held at 12:30 at the Sproat Lake Landing - 10695 Lakeshore Rd, Port Alberni.
- Prizes include a nights stay at the Sproat Lake Landing, a mountain bike courtesy of Ozzies Cycle and many door prizes.
Make sure to check the Facebook page for the latest updates.