run the train - father's day 2018
Train Station - 3100 Kingsway Ave, Port Alberni
- Sunday, June 17, 2018 7:00am - 9:00am
Schedule of Events
Sunday, June 17, 2018
- Registration will open at 7:00am at the Train Station.
- Iconic Run (Marathon) starts at 8:00am from the Train Station.
- The Marathon route will include pavement and trails and will not include any level of road closures. Run will start at the Train Station and end at the McLean Mill National Historic Site
- Smolts kids race will be at 9:00am
- Smolts also get a FREE Train Pass included with their registration.
- Half Marathon and 10km runners your race starts at 10:00 so you will be able to watch you kids race before you do!
- Half Marathon may include some trails
- All runners will be treated to many events at the McLean Mill National Historic Site including FREE Burger/Fries for all DAD's who have participated in the race.
- Tours of the site included as well as music, car show and other events.
- This will be a STEAM-UP Weekend thus expect to marvel at the many historical Steam Products.
- All registrants will receive a Transportation Pass for the return trip to Port Alberni.
- Buses will begin return trips starting at 12:00nn and run hourly through to 4:00pm
- The train with a capacity of ~ 110 will leave at 1:00pm and again at 4:00pm.
- Prizes and ceremony will begin at 1:00pm
Make sure to check the Facebook page for the latest updates.